1. Who is eligible?
College or university science education faculty members who teach elementary and/or secondary science teaching methods courses are eligible to apply.
2. I teach science content courses instead of science methods courses. Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you teach science content courses specifically designed for pre-service teachers (e.g., biology for elementary teachers, physics for middle school teachers, etc.).
3. When is the stipend paid?
The stipend is paid upon completion of the academy in May.
4. What are my responsibilities?
Participants need to:
- Fully participate in the academy, including completing the Vexations and Ventures reflection prior to attendance,
- Attend the VSELA conference in the fall (usually November), and
- Complete all data collection activities as requested by our evaluation team.